ENGLISH/ Instagram can be quite tricky, and it's not easy figuring out why some people succseed and others dont. Excpesially after Instagram changed how our feeds build up, now it takes more than timing and some luck to master Instagram.
You need to put in the time and effort to really understand how Instagram works, and that's not easy. That's why I wanna share my best tips with you guys, maybe you'll find it helpful! These are the things I think about before posting a picture on Instagram.
1. Take up as much space as possible, fill the screen! Portrait photos work better than landscape.
2. Quality, quality, quality! I can't say that enough, it's so important! The pictures you post on instagram should be in high resolution, crisp and clear. Now I don't mean that you only have to post pictures taken with expensive cameras and fancy lenses, iphone pictures work too - but turn up the sharpness a notch, that makes a big difference.
3. Not 100% satisfied with the picture? Dont post it. Dont do it just because, feel free to plan what pictures you want to post before you actually post them, in that way you get a nice flow in your feed as well!
4. Dont have a company profile? Then I recommend that you switch to it. And use the information you get from that for everything it's worth, here you can really break the code if you just get into it.
5. Find your style! What do you want to focus on? How do you want your profile to look like? This can be a bit difficult, I know everything about that! One day I want cool and crisp pictures, but the next day I want warm and defuse pictures. Here it's all about finding a good balance, what fits your personal style the most. I use VSCO cam to add filter if I need it, in there you have countless filters to choose from!
6. And while we're on the subject of filters, using VSCO, I recommend finding your own favorites, maybe 2-4, which looks a bit similar. You can also rank them in the app so the ones you use most come first, so you dont have to scroll forever to find the ones you use.
7. Be social! If you come across people and profiles on Instagram that you like, let them know! By doing that both you and your profile gets more visible, it also increases the likelihood that you'll get some love in return as well! Spread the love!
Also, a small side note at the end here, just so we're on the same page! New followers, likes and comments dont mean everything, or actually, it's not important at all if you look at the big picture here. Instagram takes up a huge part of everyday life for a lot of people, and you can get a little crazy about the whole thing. Use Instagram because it's fun, because you want to, and because it gives you something - once it stops being something you're comfortable with and you dont enjoy it anymore, it's not worth it.